Parks & Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department oversees the scheduling and programming of events in conjunction with community organizations. Highwood residents are able to take advantage of a variety of classes and programs offered through these organizations. Please feel free to contact us for additional information.
COVID 19 Guidelines
Following the state’s Phase 4 safety guidelines the Highwood Recreation Center has reopened. We are committed to the health and safety of everyone who visits. As our Center reopens, you will still see the same friendly faces you were used to, but some things will look different.
The CDC tells us that keeping space between each other is one of the best ways to avoid exposure to the COVID-19 virus. We are implementing several safety measures to make sure social distancing can be achieved, including reducing the number of people permitted into the Recreation Center.
As a reminder, you may NOT enter the facility without a Face Mask or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or from a household with someone with COVID-19 symptoms.
Additionally, while at the Recreation Center:
Participants must always maintain proper social distancing of 6 ft.
Face coverings are required when entering/exiting facility.
Participants may not congregate with others unless you are from the same household.
Participants must use hand sanitizer or wash their hands after entering the Rec Center.
To ensure capacity limits are maintained, we are requiring all participants to have a reservation to utilize the facility.
All individuals must sign in and record his or her temperature as scanned by a Staff Member or a Coach.
Spectators WILL NOT be allowed on the premises; Coaches and their staff will not permit parents, family members, friends or others to enter or wait within the facility (unless otherwise notified for medial reasoning).
- Visitors must bring their own water bottles; facility water fountains are closed.
HIGHWOOD RECREATION CENTER SAFETY GUIDELINES/PRACTICES IN PLACE
- Staff Members will wear face coverings.
- Staff Members will complete daily temperature scans. Anyone with a reading outside the healthy range will not be allowed to work that day.
- Staff will sanitize common area surfaces, restrooms and door handles within facility throughout hours of operations.
- Additional sanitation spraying of common area surfaces, restrooms and door handles are completed daily.
- Water fountains will remain closed until further guidance is provided by the CDC.
- The Rec Center has added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- The Rec Center has installed an “Oxy 4” air purifier that sanitizes, cleans and purifies our air through the ventilation system to provide healthier indoor air.
- Safety signs posted throughout the facility.